Labs That Are Replicating Projects:
Our goal is to accelerate knowledge transfer within the Fab Lab Network through project replication.
How This Grant Is Unique
Fab Lab Connect offers projects which can be replicated and in your Fab Lab.
Sharing with the community for Replication of the project could lead to further product development, new market access and new applications.
Fab Lab where project is replicated
Cost of materials, mentorship & support are covered.
Accelerating learning through the MIT Media Lab Constructionism approach:
– Project based learning
We believe in rapid prototyping (failure is part of the process) and close collaboration with the global Fab Network.
- Fab Labs must be registered on FabLab.io in order to be eligible to replicate projects in their lab.
- Project Owners must have a working prototype and must be replicable in a Fab Lab.
- Project Owners must be committed to mentoring and supporting the replication of the project.
- Project Owners must have a “Bill of Materials” required for the replication in a Fab Lab.
- Project Owners must have documentation for replication of the Project
- Project Owners must agree to share the Project through Creative Commons.
- See more requirements here
Usefulness Is the project practical given its target audience? Is it something that the user base would actually use? Does it fulfill a need people have?
Originality Is the project more than just another generic product? Does it do something entirely novel, or at least take a fresh approach to an old problem?
Technical Difficulty Is the project technically interesting or difficult? Is there real technical challenges to surmount?
Polish / Design Is the prototype usable in its current state? Is the user experience smooth? Does everything appear to work? Is it well-designed?
Documentation Does the project have the supporting documentation?