Food storage, Plexiglass box, Automatic vacuum
Food storage plexiglass box with automatic vacuum. This project is a simple innovative solution aiming to tackle the problem of domestic food waste. However most of the food in the EU is wasted by households with 53% and processing with 19%. Refrigeration is key to reducing food waste: many studies are focused in the improvement of the refrigerating conditions at domestic use, such as lowering the refrigerator temperatures. However, lower temperature operations also increases energy consumption. Hence, a more sustainable solution is needed… Vacuum is also recognized as a valid mean of food waste saving, however in daily kitchen operations ,it is not considered very practical.My idea is to combine the effect of refrigeration to the vacuum. The FoodBoxSaver proposes a valid solution to reduce at least 40% of food waste of fresh food, since the average vacuum doubles the storage time of food in the fridge. Thanks to the beneficial effects of the vacuum on food already known to scientific research. This Box with separate compartments, autonomously manages the vacuum resulting in a easy-to-use system, sustainable and practical.
- Four independent compartments
- Ermetic closure, airtight sealing
- Food presence sensor: blue led “on” = food inside green led “on” = empty compartmentred led “on” = food alarm
- Four solenoid valves
- One pump for vacuum
- Bluetooth communication with external panel,here we can read the status of compartments
- Open compartments acoustic alarm
- Compartments alarm setting with switch, the color of the button indicate the status.
- The box is positioned in the fridge and will be powered by internal lamp plug
- Four RGB led
Giuseppe Allocca has made this project