Workshops By Fab Labs’ Worldwide Network
SOLIDWORKS WORKSHOP DEMO
Explained will be the 9 steps that are used in Robotics Lab SCL as process methodology to develop prototypes using the tools of new technologies and advanced manufacturing, using SolidWorks to the transformation from the idea, conceptual modeling, prototyping and product packaging. Showing some projects: Over mind, neuro wheelchair control; educational robots and in industrial applications.
By: Camila Quevedo Silva
ROLAND HUB WORKSHOP DEMO
In this workshop, we will explore the world of vinyl graphics using Roland’s online Project Based Learning platform and the Camm-1 GS-24 Cutter. Attendees will learn how to design, cut, and apply their own heat transfer graphics. By the end of the project, attendees will come away with a better understanding of Project Based Learning, vinyl graphic applications, and a customized draw-string backpack!
By: Garrett Smawley
ROBOTIC FABRICATION OF BIO COMPOSITE STRUCTURE
Recent advances in manufacturing and bio composite have open new opportunities for engineers and designers, allowing us to envision a high tech and light sustainable architecture based on natural materials. This workshop will explore a design to fabrication workflow, from the conception of parametric pattern to the robotic weaving of natural fiber reinforced by a bio-based resin matrix
By: Alexandre Dubor
KUKA HOTWIRE CUTTING
The Robotic Fabrication workshop investigates the use of automatization concepts in the design process, so the participant can understand different programming strategies in order to operate the machinery of high complexity and sophistication. In this scenario, iterative design techniques will be exposed, by using 3d modeling and visual programming to then fabricate a certain architectural piece with the use of a Robotic arm.
By: Mario Vergara and Juan Francisco Luzoro
Your ticket includes:
- 2 coffee breaks daily, and lunch during the whole week of the event.
- Entrance from Monday to Thursday to the FAB13 Conference in the UC Extension Center, where in the morning you will be able to attend the activities, talks, and conversations on relevant topics such as cities, decentralization, education of the future, new economies and sustainable future among other matters.
- In the afternoon from Monday to Thursday, there will be workshops given by members of Fab Labs’ worldwide network.
- Opening Ceremony and Opening Reception.
- Reception at Campus Lo Contador Wednesday, August 3, where all the attendees will be able to enjoy a typical Chilean barbecue.
- Entry to the Symposium at the Teatro Corpartes where a series of conferences and world-class conversations will be held.
- Fab13 ceremony and closing reception at Castillo Hidalgo on Friday 7:00 p.m.