FabRcade, Retro arcade gaming system, Atmega microcontroller
FabRcade is a retro arcade gaming system based on an Atmega microcontroller. The FabRcade is designed to look like a miniature arcade and is capable of running monochrome video. The main purpose of the FabRcade is to encourage teaching coding through simple game design which can be run on the arcade system.
what will it do?
It will be a mini arcade that is able to run some retro 8 bit games using buttons and a joystick as input. It will not be portable, It will be stationary working on a power supply. It will be a single player gaming arcade.
what processes will be used?
several processes will be used including:
– electronic production (the circuits)
– electronic design (the circuits)
– input devices (the controller)
– output devices (the screen and sound)
– computer aided design (body design)
– 3d printing (the buttons )
– computor controlled cutting (body cutting)
– molding and casting
what is the schedule?
1- design and create the controller.
2- get the video working
3- design and make the microcontroller circuit
4- make the body.
Duaa Alaali has made this project