This project is to design Fab Evapo-chillax on the principle of evaporative cooling. It is a well-known system and works very efficiently. It is an economical means for reducing the temperature and to increase the relative humidity in an enclosure, such an effect has been extensively used for increasing the shelf life of agricultural produce.
In this system, water falls on the Honeycomb structure evaporative pads (which is fixed at one side of the box) after some interval and then fan (which is fixed at the opposite side of the evaporative pad) sucks the dry air from outside which becomes wet air after passing from moistened material i.e evaporative pad. By using this evaporative principle we can maintain 20-25 degree Celsius and 60-70% humidity inside the storage box. When the inside temperature is more than 23 degree Celsius, Water and fan turn on automatically.
- Maintain 25 degrees Celsius temperature and 70% humidity
- Reduce weight loss
- Honeycomb structure for evaporative cooling pad
- Keeps vegetable fresh for 4 days
- Low cost
This project is divided into two parts:
- Mechanical: Structure, tray for vegetables, water storing and distribution system, selection of water
- Electronics: Selection of fan, Program for motor and fan, Calibration of temperature sensor,etc.
Komal Raut has made this project