Kat’s Creen, Temperature Variation, Fablabconnect
In addition to current temperature, sometimes it is interesting to know how the temperature varies locally during the day and also during the night -how warm or cold it has been- some people even keep statistics on it. Therefore, this project is a temperature graph screen presenting the current outside temperature. (varying between -18 … +21 degrees Celsius) as well as a small temperature history. Updating the screen once in four hours provides a temperature graph of six measuring points per day and with 10 variables scale in total one and a half day temperature history graph.
One of the first goals for the project is to highlight technology and electronics and put them as visible as possible.
- Create your own integrated design
- Demonstrate 2D & 3D modelling capabilities applied to your own designs
- Select and apply appropriate additive and subtractive techniques
- Demonstrate competence in design, fabrication and programming of your own fabbed microcontroller PCB, including an input & output device
The project includes:
- 2D designed laser cut, two-color acrylic structure and water jet cut aluminium frame
- 3D designed and printed cable holders and molded and casted silicone cover
- Designed, milled and assembled PCBs
- NeoPixels as output device
- Option for Bluetooth for transferring data
This project is made by Kati Pitkänen