NeatCast, casting fluid, User-friendly interface, Precise measurement
Students usually end up miscalculating the amount of casting fluid required for casting. In this way , the lab inventory is getting wasted. NeatCAST is a machine that can carefully measure and dispense the amount of fluid required for the particular casting.
The machine is controlled via a mobile app where the user selects the material intended for casting and chooses the amount of material that is required to be dispensed.For the demo, water is used. This is where that for using solenoid valve there should be more pressure in the fluid. So demo using resin was a hard choice.
Features of this project:
- Neat and clean working area
When mixing the fluid the working area usually becomes very dirty. The hands get messy while handling these fluids also mixing the viscous fluids carefully is a tedious process.
- User-friendly interface
The machine is controlled using a mobile app. The volume of the fluid required for the casting is entered by the user.
- Precise measurement
When the amount of fluid required for the casting operation is entered into the machine either in volume or in weight. The machine then precisely dispenses the fluid required by measuring the weight using a load cell.
- Automatic ratio calculation
Skills acquired for this project:
- Computer-aided design
– Designing a slide case for the bottle holder
– Designing bottle holder
– Designing the machine case
– Designing a case for the LCD display
– Designing a reducer for the solenoid valve
– Designing a case for holding the motor in place
– Designing case for the solenoid valve
- Computer controlled cutting
– Setting screws
– Checking various sizes of the rings
– Cutting spacers for maintaining the rods horizontal
- Electronic production and electronic design
- 3D printing
- Computer controlled machining
- Input devices
- Output devices
- Interfacing and application programming
This project is made by Harikrishnan R Nair