If you have been searching for a convenient and concise list of augmented reality and virtual reality iOS education apps, it’s here! This compilation is what School Fab Lab recommends for AR and VR education apps. To access the list, contact School Fab Lab.
The Categories are generally STEM, Teaching, Creativity, Science, History, Art, and Geography.
Besides the Title of the app, the information provided includes: Online Link to the app, a Description, Whether it’s AR or VR, Age appropriateness, Price, Rating, and Compatibility.
School Fab Lab has entries in this list as well, in both AR and VR.
“School Fab Lab Augmented Reality” or “SFL AR” – targeted for educators and makerspace enthusiasts – is a tool which can help to design a new makerspace.
SFL AR covers the Categories of: Education, Game, Simulation, Fab Lab, Makerspace, ARKit, Digital Fabrication, 3D Printing, STEAM Education, 21st Century Job Skills
Title: School Fab Lab Augmented Reality (SFL AR)
Online Link to the app: HERE
School Fab Lab Augmented Reality (SFL AR) allows you to design, configure, and transform your classroom into a Fab Lab Makerspace. Learn how 3D Printers, Laser Cutters, Vinyl Cutters, and CNC Milling Machines work and fabricate various objects. Inspire your children to become innovators and makers using School Fab Lab AR while preparing them for 21st century jobs.
SFL AR Features:
– Bring realistically scaled Fab Lab machines into actual spaces.
– Set multiple machines in your space to design and finalize your new School Fab Lab layout.
– Operate machines in mixed reality to learn about the digital fabrication process and capabilities of each machine.
– Take a video walkthrough of your space and record the machines in operation. (only available on iPad with screen recording)
– Share your video with others
Age appropriateness: 4+
iPhone: 6S, 7S, 7 Plus, SE, 8, 8 Plus, X
iPad: iPad and iPad Pro – both first-gen and second-gen and (2017)
Watch a quick video to see a set of digital fabrication machines needed to design your Fab Lab Makerspace:
And here’s the info for the “School Fab Lab Virtual Reality” or “SFL VR” app.
Title: School Fab Lab Virtual Reality (SFL VR)
Online Link to the app: HERE
School Fab Lab Virtual Reality (SFL VR) makes it possible for anyone to experience a digital fabrication laboratory from anywhere, using virtual reality!
School Fab Lab Virtual Reality replicates an environment simulating a physical presence where users delve into different stations and learn about various digital fabrication processes. Immersion in the Fabrication Laboratory enables them to interact with machines, learning how to use them and what is possible to fabricate.
Intended to reach any student, K-12 school, or educational institution, SFL VR provides knowledge and training on digital fabrication without requiring physical access to the machines or space.
Immersed in the Fab Lab, you interact with machines, learning how to use them and what can be created, how to fly drones and build 3D printers.
If you want to build a Makerspace, this environment helps you to understand machine size, space required, and layout in respect to your physical space.
The School Fab Lab Virtual Reality App allows you to:
– 3D Print, Laser Cut, Vinyl Cut, and CNC Mill various objects out of a multitude of materials
– Pick up objects to examine what you build to understand object physics and dynamics
– Find pre-selected objects online to bring into the VR space
– Learn how to assemble and disassemble 3D printers
– Practice flying a drone with flight simulation using first-person-view (FPV)
– Operate Machines to understand the digital fabrication process
– Experience additive and subtractive manufacturing
– Learn how to navigate in a 3D space
– Customize space layout
SFL VR on the STEAM Market, for HTC Vive
Communicate with School Fab Lab to obtain access to the Education Apps list, and to share it with your Educator Community – Friends and Colleagues!