Tomorrow’s engineers, artists and entrepreneurs are being called to design for a better future. The 2018 Extreme Redesign Challenge is accepting submissions now!
Entry deadline: February 26, 2018
Finalists announced April 2018
Winners announced May 2018
What is the challenge?
Students are asked to redesign an existing product to improve how a task is accomplished, or design something entirely new that addresses an unmet need. This is a quest to find the most creative, mechanically sound and realistically achievable design using 3D printing.
Students can use their technical and innovative skills to:
• Design an object
• Redesign an existing product to improve how a task is accomplished, or
• Find a new way to complete a task or solve a problem.
1) Art, Jewelry and Architecture: Open to students worldwide, any grade level
2) Secondary Education Engineering: Open to students worldwide, middle school or high school
3) Post-Secondary Engineering: Open to students worldwide, university, college or post-secondary school
Students can enter as an individual or team, with or without an instructor assigned project.
Besides the glory of being an innovator, top prizes include:
First place: $2,500 scholarship. Plus the winner’s instructor receives a limited-time classroom 3D printer for one year.
Second place: $1,000 scholarship
Top 10 Finalists receive a Stratasys apparel item valued up to $50 and a 3D printed model of their design.
NCATC Prize: Students in schools with a National Coalition of Advanced Technology Centers membership have a chance at the Coalition’s top entry in the post-secondary category. Winner receives a $1,000 scholarship.
Every entrant receives an official sheet of Stratasys, GrabCAD and Extreme Redesign tech tattoo stickers.
Send your best design as a .STL file, and tell the world why it needs your design to make it better.