“We had a great workshop with over 25 people who got hands-on experience with the new School Fab Lab Augmented Reality App!” Nader Shaterian, Co-founder of Fab Lab Connect and School Fab Lab, offered a chance for attendees to see in action the new SFL AR App at Fab14.
“The engagement was exceptional and we had lots of interest for users to get early access to our mobile App and become beta testers of the new App.”
Thursday afternoon, July 19, 2018
“Augmented Reality in Fab Education & School Fab Lab Mixed Reality” Afternoon Workshop, presented by Nader Shaterian.
Educators and Fabbers can use the SFL AP App to experiment with placing machines, see them function in a customized space, then can record the mixed reality space and share it through video.
School Fab Lab AR allows you to:
– Bring realistically scaled Fab Lab machines into actual spaces.
– Set multiple machines in your space to design and finalize your new School Fab Lab layout.
– Operate machines in mixed reality to learn about the digital fabrication process and capabilities of each machine.
– Take a video walkthrough of your space and record the machines in operation.
– Share your video with others.