This project is making a cover for a chair. The cover would detect if someone is sitting on the chair and when someone has been sitting for too long it will notify the person.
First, it is needed to connect the chair to an app on your phone that would send notifications when a person has been sitting for too long. Then it would be possible to do more with the app like have easy practices that are good for the back and joints. Another idea was to have a little vibrate that would start when sitting for too long. Then an idea was to have a light and it would change color depending on how long you have been sitting for.
Skills used in this project:
- Electronics Programming
- Laser Cutting
- 3D Printing
- Molding and Casting
Steps of the project:
- Drawing an idea of the final project
- Drawing the idea in Fusion and in Inkscape
- Making a step response because it could be a nice way to detect if someone would be sitting
- Designing the bottom part of a clip and printing it
- Making the other part of the clip
- Making a board with an accelerometer
- Adding an LED strip to the accelerometer
Bára Viðarsdóttir has made this project