Smart self-watering and self- illuminating planter which notifies you when to add water.
- Grow LED light
- Water reservoir
- 3d printed cup
- Water level sensor
- Water pump
- Water level indicator
- Light dependent resistor
- Bluetooth module + Desktop app
- PCB circuit board
Steps of the project:
- The 2D design of the press-fit planter itself and producing it with the Laser Cut
- The 2D design of water reservoir and planter pot
- The 3D design and 3D Printing a cup for the water reservoir
- For the main features of the Smart Planter (self-watering, self-lightning), skills acquired during Input Devices, Output Devices and Embedded Programming parts are needed.
- Inside of the Planter will be the main board that includes an ATMEGA 328P and a Bluetooth module so the Planter can communicate with a computer or a mobile device. This part includes skills from the Electronics design,Embedded Programming, Network & Communications and Interface & Application Programming.
- Programming the PCB
- An Arduino is used as an ISP.
- Programming the application
- HC05 Bluetooth module is used, The module uses a serial connection over the RX and TX pin.
- Planter production
- Cup production
This project is made by Svetlana Shishkovets