Robot Vacuum Cleaner can be used to vacuum dust from the interior of a room or a basement.
The knowledge we will learn through this project:
- Project manager, to plan and document the progress of the project
- Computer-aided design, to investigate on the right software for the product design
- Computer-controller cutting, for investigate and learn about how to cut flat pieces for the project
- Electronics production, will help me to make the PCB using the milling
- 3D scanning and printing, for the printing the internal supports and prototypes of parts and pieces of the vacuum cleaner
- Electronics design, will help us to investigate about electronic circuit design software and prepare my own plates
- Embedded programming, will help us to investigate programming languages for microcontrollers in the project
- Output devices, for work on the engines of the vacuum cleaner
- 3D molding and casting, for the manufacturing pieces, for example the wheels.
- Input devices, for work on the sensors of the vacuum cleaner
- Networking and communications, in order to specify the wireless communication between the cell phone (through which the command will be issued) and the vacuum cleaner.
- Interface and application programming, regarding the tools to program the communication interfaces
- Applications and implications, to formulate the project using everything learned and researched
- Invention, intellectual property, and business models, to prepare documentation of licenses.
The robot will have the following functionalities:
- Operable from a mobile application or automatically,
- Wheels for displacement that allow 360 ° rotation,
- Rechargeable battery,
- Sensors to avoid obstacles or falls,
- Side brushes for sweeping dust,
- Aspiration system,
- Trash container with filter,
- Design with smooth and rounded surfaces, and
- Positional lights to avoid accidental tropping
This project is made by Gerardo Saz