This project is a Water Flow Measurement System that recognizes four different situations, three for real users and one for a “no-user”, the situation when nobody uses the system. Thanks to the Bluetooth module, the collected data are sent to a PC and is easily interpretable in a simple live chart and, at the same time, saved in CSV files related to each user.
Those saved data can be, in a second time, reopened in a chart that shows the history of all the readings taken, also in this case one for each user.
This subdivision between users can be interpreted, i.e., as the different members of a family or, increasing the number of buttons and LEDs, have more combinations for even larger number of users.
This project includes:
- Integrated circuit board with Bluetooth wireless connection and external supply that could recognize different users.
- Water flow sensor
- 3D printed external case and supports
- Live streaming measurement Python app
- Python interface to plot history charts of past measurements
- create awareness of water consumption showing data in “real time”
- create awareness of daily or weekly water consumption showing some comparison, such as “each time you flush the toilet you are emptying 18 bottles of 500 ml water”
- exploiting competitiveness to avoid water wastage
- create a fun and helpful gameplay activity
- make artifact creation simple and economical
Dario Bernabini has made this project